Saturday, May 19, 2007

Calgary Folk Fest Performers Announced

Hello, everyone. It's good to be back. Thank you for all your kind words over the past several months. I'm feeling much better now, and will continue to live in this brighter state, so all...what? This isn't a Britney Spears fan blog? Well, damn. What the hell am I supposed to do with that picture of myself in nothing but white satin gloves now? @#*#@!

There are some interesting mainstagers at this years Calgary Folk Festival. Some have played in Edmonton quite recently, and probably won't be back. But there are others I'd really like to see play up here. And I mean, really like to see play up here (hello, Rufus Wainwright!). Other mainstagers include Dallas Green (a.k.a. City & Colour), Great Big Sea, Edie Brickell and the New Bohemians, Bela Fleck and the Flecktones, the New Orleans Social Club, The Sadies, Neko Case, as well as Bye Bye, Miss American Pie, Don Maclean. Myself, I'd love to see Wainwright, the Sadies, Bela Fleck, and the New Orleans Social Club. Hopefully, all four acts will be coming to Edmonton, so I don't have to head down to Calgary (shudder). Tickets for the Edmonton Folk Festival will go on sale on June 1st, so the lineup will likely be announced in the next week or so.

A list of the rest of the Calgary Folk Festival's 2007 performers can be found here.

***Update*** It appears that Rufus Wainwright and Sarah Slean are playing at the Winspear in Edmonton on July 25th, so it is highly doubtful that they will be playing at the Edmonton Folk Festival. Looks like I'll be heading down to Calgary.

1 Comments:

At 10:23 AM, Blogger Defunked said...

Um, you forgot to mention Chumbawumba ACOUSTIC is playing sunday night!!! These guys are unbelievable, so tight, great harmonies, ripping solos...or was that another band? I dunno', I was in the beer tent.

On the flip side, you could probably make some money on the side betting your friends that they won't play I Get Knocked Down, because they don't. That song is not getting up for a long time...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home