Friday, August 05, 2005

Wishlist

Both Harry Manx and Alpha Blondy were awesome last night. Tonight, however, is going to rule. Steve Earle is going to play, and damn can that boy deliver. I have heard rumour that it will be an acoustic set, which is different from how I saw him last year in Calgary. I wish he was here a little later in the Festival, however, because then the odds might increase for him to jam with either Ryan Adams or Alison Krauss. Last year, Earle played with Lucinda Williams, and it was amazing. I wonder if Adams and Kraus will play together? To be honest, I still expect Adams to throw a hissy-fit and bail on the show.

Songs I want to hear this weekend:

Orange Sky: Alexi Murdoch
Guitar Town: Steve Earle
Lose Again: Alison Kraus
Let It Ride: Ryan Adams
Man of Constant Sorrow: Dan Tyminksi
Gonna Make You Love Me: Ryan Adams
Wade In The Water: Mavis Staples
Death Came A Knockin'-Ruthie Foster
Keep It Loose, Kee It Tight: Amos Lee
Will The Circle Be Unbroken: Mavis Staples
Woke Up This Morning-Ruthie Foster
John Walker Blues: Steve Earle
La Cienga Just Smiled: Ryan Adams
Pastures of Plenty-Alison Kraus
Arms of A Woman: Amos Lee
Chin Up, Cheer Up: Ryan Adams
When You Say Nothing At All-Alison Kraus
Small Town Blues- Ruthie Foster
So Alive: Ryan Adams
Copperhead Road: Steve Earle
To Be Young (Is To Be Sad, Is To Be High): Ryan Adams


As well as pretty much anything by Guy Davis. My favorite sessions are always the Blues jams. Gotta get my mojo workin'!

I am sure I am missing something here.

Hey Aaron Johnson! I miss you buddy! I owe you a ton of e-mails! Don't think for a second that I have forgot about you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home